- 6 pears, peeled and cored, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for about an hour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for about 1 hour
- 2 cups Engine 2® Plant-Strong® Rip's Big Bowl cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Drain dates and place them in a food processor. Add cereal, cinnamon and salt; pulse until the mixture is finely chopped and starts to form loose clumps. Scatter the mixture evenly over pears. Bake until topping is browned and crisp and filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.