- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 quart mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
In a large bowl, toss berries with maple syrup and set aside. Whip cream until it holds soft peaks. Halve warm shortcakes and arrange on plates. Spoon berries and their juices onto shortcake bottoms. Dollop with whipped cream, then replace shortcake tops and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.