- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 14 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (400-gram) wheel Brie
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Calvados brandy (optional)
- Egg wash made of 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay a sheet of puff pastry flat on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet or pie pan. Slice wheel of Brie in half horizontally to create two thinner Brie rounds. Place one Brie round (rind-side down) on the pastry dough. In a small bowl, mix together apples, cranberries and Calvados. Spread this mixture evenly over the Brie. Place other Brie round (rind-side up) over filling. Fold pastry edges up over Brie and press together to seal. Flip entire package so that the seam is underneath. Brush the top with egg wash.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with toasted almonds if desired.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.