- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Add broccoli and continue to cook about 15 minutes or until broccoli and rice are tender and all liquid is absorbed. Remove covered pot from heat and let sit 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in thyme and pine nuts and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.