- 1 pound cherries (about 4 cups), pitted
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or regular milk
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell
Pour cherry mixture into the pie shell and top evenly with flour mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet (this will catch any drips) and bake until the filling is bubbling and the top is browned, about 1 hour. Cool and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.