- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out pastry
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons ice water, more if needed
- 1 pound fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
Meanwhile, toss cherries in a medium bowl with remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and orange zest.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle about 1/8-inch thick. Gently transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with cherry mixture, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold edges of dough up over fruit, leaving most of the fruit surface exposed in the center. Bake until crust is golden and fruit juices bubble, about 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.