- 1 (14.75-ounce) can wild caught pink salmon, drained
- 1 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning or other seafood seasoning
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Transfer remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs to a wide, shallow dish. Gently coat each patty in bread crumbs, shaking off any excess, and transfer to a large plate. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange 6 of the patties in the skillet in a single layer and cook, gently flipping once, until deep golden brown all over, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate as done and then heat remaining oil in skillet and repeat process with remaining patties. Serve salmon cakes hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.