- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for finishing
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pound baby spinach or 1/2 pound (leaves only) red or green chard, stems removed, leaves shredded into large pieces
- 1/2 pound chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, Juice and zest of
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Spoon all of the spinach back into the skillet and stir in tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes until soft. Add chickpeas, lemon juice and zest and cook 3 minutes more until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with shavings of Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.