Cold Grilled Heirloom Tomato Soup with Crab and Chives
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small sweet onion or red onion, cut in eighths through the root
- 1 slice country-style bread
- 1 orange or 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar, Zest and juice of
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cooked lump crabmeat
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
Cut tomatoes, onion and bread into large chunks. Purée in batches with orange zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender, until a thick purée is obtained. Chill soup for at least 1 hour. Before serving, taste and adjust seasoning with pepper and orange juice or vinegar. Pour into bowls and garnish with crab and chives.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.