- 1 organic English cucumber (about one lb-sized)
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup best quality Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Zest of one Meyer lemon
Discard the extra liquid and now rinse the salt from the cucumber and onion. Drain well and pat the slices dry using kitchen towels.
Turn the cucumber and onion into a medium-sized bowl and add the sugar and vinegar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Fold in the yogurt, dill and lemon zest. Chill for an hour, stir again (juices will have settled) and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.