- 1/2 cup low-sodium tamari
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
Line a plate with several layers of paper towels. Arrange tofu on paper towels and cover with more layers of paper towels. Place a heavy skillet or plate on paper towels. Let sit 10 minutes to press excess moisture from tofu. Cut tofu into 1-inch squares, add to cooled marinade and marinate for two hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Roll tofu in sunflower seeds until well coated. Place the tofu on a lightly oiled baking pan. Bake until deep golden brown, about 25 minutes, turning the pan once halfway through.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.