- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch mint, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch basil, stems removed
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 Thai chiles, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1 (1-inch) piece lemongrass, peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, drained and rinsed
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 7 ounces "pad thai" style rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
Bring a large pot of salted water to a bowl. Add broccoli and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a bowl of ice water until chilled then drain well. Repeat process with green beans; set aside.
Put cilantro, mint, basil, coconut milk, chiles, ginger, lemongrass, sugar and ½ cup water into a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Add corn, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms and tofu and cook just until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Divide noodles between bowls and top with curry, tofu and vegetables. Garnish with green onions and lime wedges.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.