- 2 tablespoons prepared tamarind sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon jasmine green tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and patted dry, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- Tamari, to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain tofu and reserve marinade. Add tofu and tamari and cook, stirring almost constantly, until tofu is very hot throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tamari and remaining marinade. Cook, stirring frequently, until broccoli is crisp-tender and pan juices have evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Return tofu to skillet and toss gently to combine. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.