- White Bean Pesto
- 1 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, Juice of
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large baguette
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Cooking spray
Prepare a grill for medium heat. Lightly spray eggplant, squash and zucchini with cooking spray. Grill vegetables until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Spread half of the reserved pesto evenly over length of one side of the baguette. Layer baguette with eggplant, squash, and zucchini, then top with red onions, tomatoes, and spinach. Spread remaining pesto on the other half of the baguette and arrange it over the vegetables, pressing halves together lightly. Cut into 4 pieces and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.