- 2 bell peppers (any colors), quartered
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 3 anchovies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 8 cups sliced romaine lettuce (from about 1 large head)
Meanwhile, finely chop remaining garlic clove and place it in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, anchovies (if using), pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to bowl and whisk until combined. Whisk in Parmesan. Add lettuce and toss until combined. Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces and toss with lettuce. Sprinkle salad with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan and croutons.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.