- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Canola spray oil
In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, hemp seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in melted butter and blueberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkling a few hemp seeds on top. Bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool briefly in the pan, and then serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.