Kale and White Bean Soup with Mediterranean Chicken Sausage
- 1 pound ground chicken, preferably a mix of light and dark meat
- 1 tablespoon Organic Healthy Earth Seasonings Mediterranean Earth Blend
- 4 sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), soaked in warm water to soften, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Organic Healthy Earth Seasonings Mediterranean Earth Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and leaves chopped
Meanwhile, heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add seasoning blend and chile flakes, and toast until fragrant. Add beans, tomatoes, 4 cups water and broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add kale and crumbled sausage mixture, and cook for another 10 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.