Kale, Mushroom and Tomato Sauté with Polenta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch kale (about 3/4 pound), stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 (18-ounce) package precooked polenta, cut into 8 rounds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Arrange polenta in skillet in a single layer (working in batches, if needed) and cook, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer polenta to a paper towel-lined plate as done.
Arrange polenta on plates, spoon kale and mushroom mixture over the top, garnish with cheese and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.