- 12 ounces dried orecchiette pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add peas and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes more.
Transfer vegetables, green onions, cheese, salt and pepper to bowl with pasta and toss well, adding some of the reserved pasta water, if needed, for moisture. Serve hot.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.