- 6 medium fresh beets, steamed to tender and peeled
- 6 eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh shallot, (about 1 very large shallot)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 three-inch stick cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
*As a time saving option, 1 (16-oz) can drained, sliced organic beets may be substituted.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.