- 2 medium acorn squash
- 2 cups chopped tart apple (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (about 1 pound) thin-sliced boneless pork chops
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate, and add onion and thyme to the pan and cook until onions are soft and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve over pork chops alongside stuffed squash.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.