- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup prepared curry coconut peanut sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- cayenne pepper, Pinch of
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 thick strips
Prepare a grill for medium-heat cooking.. Cook skewers until golden brown, about 4 minutes each side. Baste with some of the remaining 1/4 cup peanut sauce after turning the skewers; reserve the rest of the sauce for serving.
Alternately, to cook chicken in the oven, preheat the to 450°F. Place the chicken skewers on a foil-lined baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes; then remove the chicken from the oven. Turn the skewers over, baste them with some of the remaining 1/4 cup peanut sauce and bake for 7 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides. Serve with remaining peanut sauce on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.