Seared Lamb Shoulder Chops with Warm Chimichurri
- 4 (0.5-pound) lamb shoulder chops
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Combine parsley, vinegar, oregano, tarragon, chile flakes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse until evenly chopped. With the motor running, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the oil to make a thick sauce.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 of the chops and cook, flipping halfway through, until deep golden brown on the outside and medium-rare to medium on the inside, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and repeat with remaining 2 chops. While skillet is still hot, pour in chimichurri and stir briefly to scrape up any browned bits. Spoon over chops and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.