- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 pound cubed round or chuck stew beef
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
Transfer meat mixture to a slow cooker, cover and cook on a low setting until beef is very tender, 6 to 8 hours. Alternately, cook on a high setting for about 3 hours. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.