- 1 cup spelt berries, soaked 8 hours or overnight in cold water to cover
- 3/4 cup French green lentils
- 2 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- Large leaves from 1 head radicchio
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, combine lentils and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered, until lentils soften but are not mushy, about 15 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain again.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add spelt, lentils, carrots and celery and toss. Cover a small platter with radicchio leaves and spoon spelt salad on top. Top with eggs and serve at room temperature, or cover and chill.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.