- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup lowfat (1%) milk
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 slices sprouted whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 large ripe, yet firm peaches, sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted cashew halves
Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Soak slices of bread in egg mixture for a minute on each side. Allow excess batter to drip off soaked bread before placing it in heated skillet. Cook the French toast in batches until browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven while you prepare the peaches.
Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and agave nectar in a large, clean skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced peaches in a single layer and cook, without stirring, for 3 minutes. Turn peach slices and cook 3 minutes longer, until tender and juicy. Serve French toast topped with peaches and cashews.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.