- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package wild rice tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 large portobello mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package vegetarian brown gravy mix
- 4 ounces low-fat sour cream or vegan sour cream
- 2 cups frozen cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Return tempeh to skillet. In a measuring cup, combine gravy mix with amount of water called for on package directions, then stir into tempeh mixture and heat until thick. Stir in sour cream and heat just until warm. Serve stroganoff over rice, garnished with parsley.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.