- 14 ounces soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mellow white miso, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini, preferably toasted
- lemon juice, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives or garlic chives
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Gently press tofu with paper towels to remove as much remaining water as possible; break tofu into chunks. Place tofu and onion mixture in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth, about 1 minute. Add miso and tahini and continue to process until smooth. If desired, add a little lemon juice to taste. Stir in chives.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.