- 1 cup uncooked millet, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 large leaves green or red leaf lettuce
Add black-eyed peas, green onions and basil to millet, toss gently. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, then pour dressing over millet mixture and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, then spoon salad over lettuce leaves and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.