- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried mango, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
In a medium saucepan, combine the butter with the sugar, cocoa and salt. Over very low heat, melt the ingredients together, stirring constantly until both chocolate and sugar are just melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the vanilla and cardamom and then add the eggs, beating vigorously with a wire whisk, one at a time. Continue to beat until batter is thick and shiny, about another minute. Add the flour and gently stir to combine then beat vigorously for another minute. Fold in the nuts, mango and ginger.
Spread the mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a small amount of moist batter on it. Let cool to warm or room temperature before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.