- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 pound dried whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then transfer to bowl with mushroom mixture and set aside.
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth, then whisk in broth and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in milk, sherry, nutmeg, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute more. Add to bowl with pasta and mushroom mixture; add turkey and toss well. Transfer to prepared dish, then sprinkle with cheese and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.