- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts, plus finely chopped walnuts for garnish
- 6 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine or linguine
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Thin pesto with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved pasta cooking water to achieve a sauce that will coat pasta. Drizzle pesto over pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with chopped walnuts and grated cheese.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.