- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 ounces (about 8) Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-inch) premade whole wheat pizza crust, thawed if frozen
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced or shredded grilled or roasted chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Crushed red chile flakes to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Place the pizza crust on a pizza stone or large baking sheet. Brush crust with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and layer with mozzarella. Top with Brussels sprout mixture and sprinkle with chicken and Parmigiano Reggiano. Bake until crust is crispy on the bottom and toppings begin to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool pizza on the stone or pan for 5 minutes, then cut into slices and serve with red chile flakes on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.