- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound kale, thick stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added Great Northern or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat for the pasta. In a separate large, high-sided skillet, bring 3/4 cup water to a simmer. Add onion and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in kale, beans and 3/4 cup water. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 8 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until most liquid has evaporated, greens are wilted and tender and beans are heated through.
Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente about 9 minutes. Add sliced sundried tomatoes 2 minutes before pasta is done. Drain pasta and tomatoes and add to skillet with greens. Stir to combine.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.