- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Add rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 50 minutes.
Drain rice and place in a large mixing bowl. Add avocado, sundried tomatoes, celery, pine nuts, basil, lemon juice and zest to rice and stir until thoroughly combined.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.