Triangle Community Giving
DEAR TRIANGLE DONATION SEEKERS:
CARY | CHAPEL HILL | DURHAM | NORTH RALEIGH | RALEIGH | WEST CARY
We ask that you look over the following criteria before submitting your request.
1. Applications submitted digitally will be considered first.
2. Requests by phone are not accepted.
3. The recipient must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and provide documentation.
4. In addition to non-profit, applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
• Environmental Preservation
• Hunger Relief
• Sustainable Agriculture
• Animal Rights & Welfare
• Social Services
Because Whole Foods Market believes in being an active community member, requests from civic and charitable groups will be considered if the organization is in the immediate vicinity of a store location, meets our core values, and funding is available.
5. We do not donate to individuals, individuals seeking pledges, or multiple requests from the same organization. Each approved organization is restricted to one donation per year from any and all Whole Foods Market stores.
6. Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the high volume of applicants, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request.
Non-profits that fall under any of the categories listed above can apply to participate in this program. Groups are invited to apply for support in the form of gift bags, gift cards, catering trays, or in-kind product donations (such as fruit, water, sodas, snack foods, etc.) for community events or charity auctions. In general, Whole Foods Market supports organizations based on criteria and proximity. The average total donation ranges between $25 and $150. Organizations must apply at least 60 days in advance of when they require the donation.
5% Days are just one of the meaningful ways we give back to our community at Whole Foods Market. Once per quarter, we give 5% of a day’s net sales to a local non-profit organization. Non-profits that fall under any of the categories listed above can apply to participate in this program. Customers support the selected organization by shopping on these 5% Days. Since we only offer this program quarterly, we require that applications be turned in as early as possible.