We introduced our Better Bag last holiday season to rounds of applause and sighs of relief. In case you missed it the first time around, here it is-perfect yet again. Join the fun!
Did you know that during the holidays extra waste amounts to 25 million tons of garbage? Yikes! Instead of adding to the trash heap with wrapping paper, use A Better Bag. Remember our exclusive A Better Bag designed by Sheryl Crow that benefits the Natural Resource Defense Council? These affordable bags have been flying off the shelves – you may even have one (or more!) already in use as a grocery tote.For the holiday season, we are featuring two sizes of these re-useable bags and we think the smaller one is perfect for gifts (and at 79 cents it’s way more affordable than many gift bags on the market!) For larger and bulkier items, the larger size is a life saver, especially for those of us who are particularly challenged when it comes to boxes and wrapping paper and bows. Plus when you give a gift in these stylish bags, your gift recipient gets two gifts in one!And since it’s the season for Top Ten Lists, here’s our:Top 10 Reasons to Bag the Wrap and Use “A Better Bag” Instead
- Americans throw away 25% more trash between Thanksgiving and New Year's.
- A Better Bag is made of 80% post-consumer recycled PET bottles, saving them from going into the trash.
- In the U.S. alone, about 100 billion plastic bags are thrown away each year (and only 0.6 % of them are recycled).
- Extra waste during the holidays amounts to 25 million tons of garbage.
- Using A Better Bag can save millions of single-use bags (and wrapping paper!) from going to landfills.
- It’s a great-looking, cool, eco-friendly way to wrap gifts.
- A Better Bag can be used and re-used thousands of times.
- Whole Foods Market and Sheryl Crow teamed up to create a custom design for “A Better Bag” to benefit the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- If every family wrapped just 3 presents in re-used materials, it would save enough paper to cover 45,000 football fields.
- Double the gifting: It’s actually a gift that holds another gift which gives and gives again, and says you care even more!