Seasonal Money-Saving Tips
7 tips for making the most of tomatoes
one of the best things about summer — no matter how you slice it
- Sliced. Swiss Family Sandwiches and Vegan Caprese Salad are weeknight supper crowd-pleasers.
- Chopped. Melons will continue to ripen after they’ve been harvested when stored at room temperature. If cut, cover the surfaces and refrigerate.
- Puréed. There’s nothing like icy cold Classic Gazpacho on a blistering hot day.
- Salsa-ed! Fresh Salsa is summer’s must-have condiment for grilled steaks or shrimp, brown rice and beans, scrambled eggs and of course, chips.
- Grilled. Grilled cherry tomatoes are tops on fish, chicken, pasta and toast points. Toss tomatoes with olive oil, garlic and herbs. Cook in a grill basket until charred.
- Stored. Keep tomatoes at room temperature until ripe and then use within a day or two. (Avoid refrigeration; it affects their flavor and texture.)
- Preserved. Roasted, dehydrated or stewed — savor the season by saving a taste of summer for later.
8 money- and time-saving tips for lunchtime
- Batch cooking. Prepare a big batch of a staple ingredient — beans, grains, roasted veggies or grilled chicken — and incorporate into lunches throughout the week.
- Soup made simple. Make pots of soup and freeze in individual portions.
- Case discount. From lunchbox beverages to fruit strips, get discounted pricing on most items when you buy a full case. Ask Customer Service for details.
- Bulk up. Our bulk bins let you get a little or a lot of lunch-friendly foods without waste. Don’t delay, scoop grains, granola, seeds, nuts and dried fruits today!
- Essentials gone organic. From peanut butter and juice boxes to crackers, it’s easy to find hundreds of affordable organics with our 365 Everyday Value® line.
- Great cluck for your buck. For wraps, tacos, pasta, salads and soups, not only do our rotisserie chickens provide convenience and great flavor, they also come with a heaping helping of standards — including “no antibiotics, ever.”
- Take your innovation to the bank! Transform meatloaf from dinner to sandwiches, crudités to roast veggies and rotisserie chicken to salad.
- Clip coupons. Whether you’re making lunch (sliced meats) or buying it (Health Starts Here® Southwest Chicken Wrap), we’ve got coupons to help you cut costs.
7 money- and time-saving tips for dinner
- Buy some. Make some. Rely on our value-priced frozen entrées, veggies or appetizers. Here’s one idea: Combine broth, frozen veggies and frozen wontons for an easy soup.
- Shortcuts. Cut out time and cut out stress. Home chefs in the know stock up on frozen rice (download coupon) and organic rice, angel cake (download coupon) and breaded frozen seafood (download coupon).
- Hit the bar. Shop at our salad bar when you need small amounts of veggies. Ingredients are prewashed, pre-chopped and often organic!
- Big chill. Make baked pasta, chili or a casserole, and freeze in individual portions.
- "Meatball" mania. Divide seasoned lean ground meat into small patties or balls and cook. Cool and freeze in an airtight container. Defrost for sauces, tacos, salads, stir-fries, pizzas, sandwiches or stuffed peppers.
- Cut costs in half. If you need only half a cabbage, sandwich, chunk of cheese, fish fillet, loaf of fresh bread, etc., we’re happy to provide just the half you need.
- Sign up and save. Subscribe to our email newsletters to receive the latest specials and coupons, plus loads of tested recipes.
Party on, lemonade!
365 Everyday Value® Organic Lemonades and Limeades are invited to all the best bashes
Reason to Party
|Pool PartyCool down with icy treats||Easiest Lime Granita and Frozen Arnold Palmers (freeze our Tea & Lemonade Blend in a baking dish and scrape into glasses with a fork)||Don’t forget the 365 Everyday Value® Coconut Water — a Sure Deal||Get the kids in the kitchen to help make the frozen treats|
|Kid’s Birthday BashYou’ll wish for a party like this||All things lemonade! Ice pops, slushies or ice cream lemonade floats, and of course, ice cold lemonade||365 Everyday Value® Organic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a Sure Deal||Shop for Gluten Free Angel Food Cake (download coupon), berries and whipped topping for an easy cake|
|4th of JulyRed, white, blue…and pink!||Purée watermelon in a blender until smooth; transfer to a pitcher; add lemonade to taste||365 Everyday Value® Organic Watermelon Lemonade is a Sure Deal shortcut||Why pay for a whole watermelon if you only need half? We’re happy to provide just the half you need|
|Mom & Dad’s Lazy SundayThanks to a sleepover, the house is quiet||Relax with a shandy (lemonade and beer in a 50/50 proportion)…or two! Option: muddle berries at the bottom of the glass||Shop the sales for fresh fruit||Pick up some bread (download coupon) and cheeses you’ve been wanting to try; we cut to order|
|Bon VoyageGoodbye high school…hello college!||Set up an assortment of lemonades and limeade, sparkling waters and fruit for mixing, matching and muddling||Get a discount when you buy a full case of sparkling water or anything nonalcoholic||Have precooked kielbasa (download coupon) at the ready for when the crowd gets hungry|