Seasonal Money-Saving Tips
A Bunch of Tempting Tips for Kale, Chard and Collards
- Green eggs. Add cooked greens to frittatas, breakfast tacos and poached eggs.
- Soup’s on! Stir into soups (download coupon) and stews during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Great grains. Add greens to grain dishes, or serve grains over a bed of steamed chard like in Greens with Carrots, Feta Cheese and Brown Rice.
- Kid-friendly. Hot Dog Sea Monsters are a playful way to get in daily greens.
- Perfect pasta. Add sautéed greens to cooked whole wheat pasta or stir into pasta sauces.
- Make them last. Wash dark leafy greens in a sink full of water to remove dirt and sand. Dry well, then store in a bag along with a paper towel in the crisping drawer of your refrigerator.
5 Money-Saving Tips When Shopping for Organics
- Shop 365 Everyday Value®. From peanut butter and juice boxes to frozen veggies and cotton balls, it’s easy to find hundreds of affordable organics with our 365 Everyday Value® line. Check out the Sure Deals!
- Clip coupons. Discover coupons for organics.
- Save in season. Organic apples, pears and dark leafy greens are in season now. Make the most of them by trying new varieties as they go on sale.
- Scoop up savings. From organic dried fruit to grains to beans, buy only the amount you need at great prices from our bulk bins.
- Cut waste. Use only what you need, when you need it with bags of frozen organic fruits and veggies.
Simple Seafood Suppers
Whole Catch® Wild Caught Frozen Fish Fillets and Steaks (download coupon) offer a boatload of affordable options.
Type of Fish
Flavor and Taste
Simple Meal Idea
|Mahi Mahi Fillets||Mildly sweet and distinctively firm||Roasted Mahi Mahi, Collards and Pears||Fish tacos are an easy weeknight dinner|
|Monkfish Fillets||Mild, slightly sweet with a dense, toothsome texture||Monkfish Chowder and crusty bread||Roast, grill, pan-sear, make soup or gently cook in butter for a lobster-like experience|
|Sockeye Salmon Fillets||Full-flavored with silky texture and vibrant color||Poached salmon over quinoa with steamed broccoli, grape tomatoes and lemon zest||So versatile! Find more than 100 salmon recipes online|
|Turbot Fillets||Whitefish with delicate flavor and flaky texture||Baked turbot with garlicky sautéed spinach and roasted butternut squash||A lesser-known, likeable and affordable fish…give it a try!|
|Tuna Steaks||Mild, rich and medium-firm||Seared Tuna Steaks with Coconut, Corn and Cilantro over rice noodles||Like all our Whole Catch® fish, it’s individually quick frozen; cook only what you need to avoid waste|
|Swordfish Steaks||Rich, meaty and firm||Swordfish steak sandwiches with arugula and lemon mayonnaise||Worth it! These are sourced from Marine Stewardship Council certified-sustainable fisheries|
With 365 Everyday Value® Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, there's a noodle for everyone and every occasion.
|Date night||Linguine with pesto and pan-seared salmon||Substitute kale, collard greens or mustard greens for basil in pesto like in Winter Greens Pesto||Whole Catch® Sockeye Salmon Fillets (download coupon)|
|Family dinner||Fusilli with mascarpone, lemon zest and toasted pine nuts||Shaped pastas like fusilli pair especially well with chunky or creamy sauces||Whole Foods Market™ Mascarpone Cheese is a Sure Deal|
|Weeknight winner||Spaghetti||Add protein with canned 365 Everyday Value® no-salt-added garbanzo or cannellini beans||Engine 2® Plant-Strong® Pasta Sauce is a Sure Deal|
|Mealtime magic||Whole wheat elbow macaroni + broth + shredded cooked chicken + carrot + onion = chicken noodle soup||Boost nutrition with kale (stems removed, and leaves thinly sliced)||Freeze extra in individual servings for future lunches|
|Kids’ lunch||Macaroni and Three Cheese Lunch Muffins with whole wheat shells||Use what you already have for add-ins — like cooked ground turkey or shredded chicken, baby spinach or a frozen veggie like peas or corn||Whole Foods Market™ Goat Cheese is a Sure Deal|
|Game day||Learn to Cook:
|Ridged pastas like penne provide even more texture for sauces to cling to||Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir is a Sure Deal and a delicious pairing|
10 Things to do with Pasta Sauce (Beyond Pasta)Tip: Pasta sauce is a Sure Deal!
- Eggs in purgatory. Simmer 1 cup pasta sauce in a small skillet. Poach 2 eggs and top with pepper and grated parmesan cheese.
- Chili. Take a pasta sauce shortcut to chili. Just add beans and chili powder.
- Spanish rice. Cook 1 cup rice according to the package directions, substituting 1 cup pasta sauce for 1 cup of the water; stir in capers, green olives and chopped green onions.
- Ratatouille. Chop bell peppers, zucchini, onion and eggplant. Toss with olive oil and garlic. Arrange in a baking dish. Add 2 parts pasta sauce to 1 part water to just cover. Bake at 350°F until vegetables are tender (about 40 minutes). Top with fresh basil.
- Minestrone soup. Heat 1 jar pasta sauce and 5 cups water. Stir in cooked small pasta, chopped carrots, celery, chopped green beans and cooked kidney beans. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Italian meatloaf. Pour a jar of pasta sauce over your favorite meatloaf before baking.
- Panini. Spread a layer of pasta sauce and layer your favorite melty cheese on a slice of crusty bread. Top with another slice of bread. Toast in a skillet or panini press.
- Poached cod. Pour a jar of tomato sauce into a skillet. Bring to a boil. Season cod with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until cod is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Eggplant parmesan. Try our Easy Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe for a meal with rich real Italian flavor.
- Pizza. Mini Mummy Pizzas are a family-pleasing use for a jar of leftover pasta sauce.
Shopping List for Meals on the FlyStock up on these shortcuts and make meals in a flash
- Bagged fresh greens
- Precut produce
- 365 Everyday Value® Organic Whole Wheat Pastas
- Canned cooked beans
- Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Pasta Sauce
- Canned tomatoes
- Whole wheat couscous
- Whole Catch® Wild Caught Frozen Fish Fillets and Steaks (download coupon)
- Frozen cooked rice and quinoa
- Frozen veggies, fruits and greens
- Rotisserie chicken
- Premade soup (download coupon)
- Premade pizza dough
Resourceful Winners: Breakfast for DinnerUse what you might already have to create a dinner you really want.
- Eggs + veggies + goat cheese + pie crust (download coupon) = quiche
- Bread + eggs + mascarpone + frozen berries = stuffed French toast
- Frozen waffles + sliced cheddar cheese + tomato soup = waffle grilled cheese and soup
- Eggs + chopped veggies + goat cheese = frittata
- Silken tofu + chopped veggies + whole grain tortillas = veggie and tofu-scramble tacos
- Eggs + sausage + tomatoes + brown rice + tortilla = burrito
- Hash browns + smoked salmon + Greek yogurt + chives = potato pancake
- Ham + cheddar + eggs + bread + kale, chard or collards = savory bread pudding
- Pasta sauce + mozzarella + fried egg + bacon (dowload coupon) + green onions + premade pizza dough = pizza