Whole Foods Market Gift Cards FAQ
Grant a basketful of wishes in a single swipe! The lucky recipient of a Whole Foods gift card can buy the best of anything in the store, from a few basics to a cartload of indulgences. No matter what they choose, you can rest assured they'll be delighted. You can load any amount from $20-$500.
Gift Card Frequently Asked Questions
- Site Security
- Online Ordering Issues
- Online Ordering Questions
- Online Reload Questions
- Lost Gift Cards
- B2B, Bulk Purchase, or Resale
- Environmental Stewardship
- Wild Oats Gift Cards
- Terms and Conditions
Have other questions not answered here?
Please visit your closest Whole Foods Market store and speak with one of our team members, or call (855)368-5361 (toll free), or email email@example.com. We're happy to help!
- How much does shipping cost?
- Shipping is free for standard USPS shipping. You can also choose to ship your card by UPS Three Day Select ($9.95), UPS Two Day ($15.95) and UPS Next Day Air ($25.95).
- Can I ship cards to multiple locations?
- Yes. In order to do so you will need to select the Ship to Multiple Addresses button on the shipping page.
- Can I track my package?
- We offer tracking on all UPS shipments. Unfortunately, tracking on basic USPS shipping is not available at this time. Please let us know if you need assistance locating your tracking number on gift cards sent using UPS. Please note that UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes. If choosing this ship type, please ship to a physical address.
- When will I get my gift card?
- Gift cards placed before 7 pm will ship within 2 business days, though most ship within 1 business day of confirmation. You will receive an email confirmation of shipment. Please note that UPS accounts for delivery times based on business days. Thus, an order shipped on Friday using two-day air will not arrive until Tuesday.
- Can a U.S. gift card be used in Canada or the UK? Can a Canadian gift card be used in the U.S.?
- Gift cards can be redeemed at any Whole Foods Market location in the U.S. or Canada. At this time, Canadian cards are only sold in store. Gift cards cannot be used in the UK. Find your nearest store.
- Can I purchase a gift card with an address outside of the US?
- Our site can accept US and Canadian billing addresses only at this time. Currently our system does not accept US territory billing addresses, including Puerto Rico and the USVI. We are looking to add expanded international options, so please check back.
- Is my information secure on your site? I don’t see the "https" URL in my browser.
- Yes. The information you submit during the checkout process is encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet, using a Verisign SSL Certificate and RC4 128 bit encryption. We use a masked URL which prevents you from seeing the HTTPS URL name. Please click on the Verisign logo at the bottom of the gift card ordering page for more information.
- Is Whole Foods Market tracking personal information or shopping habits?
Online Ordering Issues
- I received a Pending Order Receipt. Why am I being asked to call to verify my purchase?
- We have put this security measure in place to protect your credit card information. As part of our effort to continue to improve our website we decided to bump up our security beyond the standard address and CVV code confirmation. To verify that you are the cardholder, we may ask a few basic questions based on publicly available information that only you should know. These are similar to questions you may see when conducting banking transactions online, and you will likely see this type of service more frequently from online retailers in the future. Please contact us at giftcard.Support@wholefoods.com with questions or concerns.
- I am having trouble adding items to my cart. Help!
- Our site requires that you have third-party cookies enabled to purchase a gift card. For instructions on enabling your third-party cookies, select your browser: Chrome | Firefox | Safari | Internet Explorer
- My transaction did not go through, but I looked on my statement and my card was charged. What happened?
- If the information you entered does not match what your bank has on file exactly, our site rejects it because we have set very high security settings. However, your bank still preauthorizes the amount of the transaction based on the request. Your bank will remove this pre-authorized amount once they process the decline from our site.
Online Ordering Questions
- Is there an additional cost for gift cards bought online?
- No. There is no additional cost for gift cards bought online, and there are no activation, service or inactivity fees.
- Do you charge a service fee? Does my card expire?
- No, our cards never expire and we have never assessed a service fee to use our gift cards or for inactivity. Some of our older cards have some verbiage about a $2/fee, but this was never enacted, and will not be in the future
Online Reload Questions
- Can I reload my gift card? What is the maximum and minimum amount I can reload on a gift card?
- Yes! Gift cards can be reloaded with $5 to $500. However, the maximum value a gift card can hold at any time is $500.
- What is the minimum/maximum I can put on a card?
- You can load anywhere from $20–$500 on a gift card.
- What is the maximum amount I can order?
- At this time there is a $1,000 maximum on all orders.
Virtual Gift Cards
- Does Whole Foods Market offer mobile/email Virtual Gift Cards?
- Yes. We now offer Virtual Gift Cards.
- How quickly will I get my virtual card?
- Virtual gift cards will be delivered within 5 minutes of an order. However, email carriers and other issues can delay your order. If the virtual card is not received within 4 hours please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How will I know my virtual gift card purchase is completed?
- You will receive an email that contains a link to your virtual gift card. When you or your recipient receives this email, click the link to view the virtual gift card. You can either print the virtual card from your computer or use it directly from your mobile phone.
- Can I use my virtual gift card in store locations or online?
- Virtual gift cards, like our physical gift cards, cannot be used online.
- How do I use my Virtual Gift Card?
- Simply print the virtual gift card and present at any Whole Foods Market location. Or you can open the virtual gift card from your mobile phone and present at any Whole Foods Market.
- What if my card is lost or stolen?
- If you have lost the virtual gift card and the value still remains on the card, please contact (855)368-5361 (toll free) and we will reissue the card. If the card no longer has a value, please contact (855)368-5361 (toll free) or email email@example.com.
- Do Virtual Gift Cards Expire?
- No. There is no expiration date on your Virtual Gift Card.
Lost Gift Cards
- What happens if my gift card has been lost in the mail?
- Please be sure that you allow enough time for the card to be processed and shipped. After that time, please call the helpline at (855)368-5361 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can track your card.
- If a gift card is lost or stolen, can it be replaced?
- A gift card cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift cards should be treated like cash. For this reason, we advise you to choose UPS for your shipping method as it is more secure. Under certain circumstances and if the card has not been redeemed, we may be able to reissue a card if you have your gift card number and proof of purchase.
- If the lost gift card is found, can it be reactivated?
- Yes, a deactivated card can be reactivated. Please contact a Whole Foods Market team member to reactivate your card.
B2B, Bulk Purchase, or Resale
Do you have a B2B program? Do offer discounts for bulk gift card purchases?
Yes, we do have a B2B program. For more information, please visit our B2B partner page. Discounts are available for high volume purchases. Additionally, we offer discounts to schools and non-profits through our non-profit fundraising program.
- Can I resell my Whole Foods Market gift card?
- Whole Foods market only permits resale of gift cards through our non-profit fundraising program.
- I found someone selling a Whole Foods Market gift card at a discount. Should I buy it?
- In the interest of protecting you from fraud, we recommend that you do not purchase discounted Whole Foods Market gift cards from third party resellers, especially from Craigslist or eBay. Often these cards are purchased with stolen credit cards and may be closed at any time. For more info on the legitimacy of a card, email email@example.com.
- Is the gift card recyclable?
- Yes! Our stores collect and recycle used gift cards. We are currently redesigning our gift cards to use recycled plastic made in part from these old gift cards, and we also offer rechargeable cards that can be reused. Please note that because of the magnetic stripe, the cards are not recyclable in your home recycling bin, so please allow us to recycle them for you.
Wild Oats Gift Cards
- Where can I use my Wild Oats card?
- You can use your Wild Oats card at any Whole Foods Market or Wild Oats store. Find your nearest store. Please note that for now, we do not offer the ability to check Wild Oats balances on the website. To check your balance, call 1-800-494-WILD. Whole Foods Market cards can be used at Wild Oats stores.
Terms and Conditions
- Can I redeem my gift card for cash?
- The Whole Foods Market gift card is not redeemable for cash unless required by law.
- Can I redeem my card online?
- At this time gift cards cannot be used for online purchases.
- Have other questions not answered here?
- Please visit your closest Whole Foods Market store and speak with one of our team members, or call (855)368-5361 (toll free), or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help!