Healthy Pantry Makeover
The simplest way to make healthful cooking a breeze is to have the right items on hand. So what goes into a healthy pantry? We’re glad you asked.
The following foods are key ingredients for making healthy meals. To get the best value, choose our 365 Everyday Value® brand. And when you can, go organic!
Fill your pantry with these shelf basics, and then, once or twice a week, shop for more perishable foods, recipe ingredients and our convenient Health Starts Here® prepared foods.
Healthy Pantry Staples to Always Have On Hand
- dried beans and lentils
- canned no-salt-added beans
- whole grains
- whole grain pasta
- rolled and/or steel-cut oats
- canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- low-sodium vegetable broth
- unsweetened plain soymilk
- unsweetened plain almondmilk
- canned light coconut milk
- mellow white miso
- no-salt-added peanut or almond butter
- raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- dried apricots, dates and raisins
- Dijon mustard
- cider vinegar
- nutritional yeast
Pantry stocked? Get cooking with some of our healthy recipes.