The information below is for our Kahala Oahu store only. If you are interested in 5% programs in other areas, please contact your local store directly. Mahalo!
We are proud of our Community Support Days – a program where, a few times a year, we give 5% of the day’s sales to a local nonprofit. Thanks to the enthusiasm and participation of our customers, this program generates substantial funds for community organizations.
Our store collectively votes to select each 5% day recipient; however, organizations may be nominated by anyone – by customers, store team members, or by the organizations themselves.
If you would like to nominate an organization, please email sp.kmo.marketing at wholefoods.com - tell us the name of the organization, and why you think they deserve to be selected.
If you represent a nonprofit organization and would like to be considered, please send an email to sp.kmo.marketing at wholefoods.com with the following information:
- Name & address of organization
- Your name & contact information, and your affiliation with the organization
- A brief history of the organization
- Along with answers to the following questions:
- Is there a specific project, event or use for which the Community Support Day (CSD) contribution will be used?
- How many members does your organization have? How large is your e-mail list?
- How would you publicize the event to your members and to the public?
- Tell us about other fundraising events your organization has held. Which were the most successful? What made it so successful?
- From what other sources do you receive major funding?
- We encourage the benefiting organization to be visible in the store prior to and on the day of the event. How would you take advantage of this opportunity? How many member or staff will be available during business hours to participate?
- Is there a time of year when your organization would best support a CSD? Is there a time of year when your organization would not be able to adequately support a CSD
Please attach a copy of your 501(c)3 Determination Letter from the IRS which verifies your status as a non-profit organization, as well as any additional brochures and relevant information. An incomplete application will not be considered. A completed application is not an agreement to honor your request.
Mahalo for your interest!