At Whole Foods Market, we are active participants in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships that we continue to make each month! We strive to make a difference. Here are the 4 types of donation partnerships we offer:
1. In-Kind Donation (product) Requests
2. 5% Community Support Day
3. Nickels for Non-profits (NFNP) Donation Program
4. Scrip Program
Please see further info on each program, including how to apply below:
In-kind Donation (product) Requests
Whole Foods Market receives many donation requests. We’d like to say yes to everyone, but that’s not always possible, as we have a limited budget. Here are the criteria we use to make decisions about donations:
1. We make donations to Non-profit organizations only. In most cases, we prefer to support events or organizations that contribute one of the following: Education, Environment, Food, Children, Sustainable Agriculture or Organics.
2. Requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the event.
3. Rarely do we give a very large contribution to one organization.
4. Requests are to be made electronically only – via our online donation form.
5. Requests by phone, fax, or in person or on paper will not be accepted, nor can be responded to (due to volume of requests we receive).
To apply for this program click here
5% Community Support Day
Once a quarter, Whole Foods Market contributes 5% of one day’s sales to a Non-profit organization (5% Community Support Days). We work together with the participating group to promote the organization, finding fun and creative ways to generate sales the day of the event. The participating organization must have the capability to promote the event within their organization and out to the community via a newsletter, meeting, emails, press releases, social media, etc.
On a 5% Day, the chosen organization will need to maintain a staffed information table throughout the day to allow customers to get to know and interact with the organization.
We keep all applications on file for 2 years.
To apply for this program email Jeff.Hansen@wholefoods.com and/or Marlisa.Zamora@wholefoods.com with the following info in the body of the email and “5% Day Application” in the subject line ( No paper applications will be accepted):
1. Name of organization, 501-c (3) number (attach your tax status letter to email)
2. Organization address and website, Contact person information, including title, email, phone.
3. Describe your organization’s mission or purpose in 30-60 words.
4. How will the raised funds from a 5% Day impact your organization?
5. How many members does your organization have? How will you publicize and promote our partnership to your members and the public?
Nickels for Non-profits (NFNP) Donation Program
When customers bring in their own bags for groceries they have the option of receiving a five cent credit (per bag) or the option to donate the five cents to a selected charity. Up to two organizations are selected each quarter (4 times a year).
A selected organization may be asked to attend special events in partnership with Whole Foods Market Oakland in order to help promote the Nickels for Non-profits partnership.
We keep all applications on file for 2 years.
To apply for this program email Jeff.Hansen@wholefoods.com and/or Marlisa.Zamora@wholefoods.com with the following info in the body of the email, with “Nickels for Non-profits Application” in the subject line ( No paper applications will be accepted):
6. Name of organization, 501-c (3) number (attach your tax status letter to email
7. Organization address and website, Contact person information, including title, email, phone.
8. Describe your organization’s mission or purpose in 30-60 words.
9. How will the raised funds from Nickels for Non-profit impact your organization?
10. How many members does your organization have? How will you publicize and promote our partnership to your members and the public?
Nonprofit Scrip Program
Our scrip program is our store's gift card fundraising program for non-profits and schools.
Qualifying schools and nonprofits can purchase Whole Foods Market gift cards at a 3% discount
Here's how it works:
1. Enroll your organization
2. Buy a bundle of our gift cards through our partner at a discounted price (3% off)
3. The gift cards will be shipped directly to you
4. Sell those cards at face value to school or nonprofit supporters and keep the profit!
5. Supporters use the gift cards for their regular shopping trips to Whole Foods Market®
Click here to get more details and apply now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Oakland Community Outreach Representative at Jeff.Hansen@wholefoods.com and/or Marlisa.Zamora@wholefoods.com