At Whole Foods Market, we are active participants in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships that we continue to make each month! We strive to make a difference.
Donation Requests are accepted online only. You must complete the online application at least 45 days prior to when you would expect your donation. As part of the process it is mandatory to upload a copy of your group’s 501(c)3 letter from the IRS/US Treasury. Please note that this is a federal letter and not the Tax Exempt Form from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
click here to apply for a donation
Recent Recipients Include, among many others:
- The Academy of Music, Northampton
- The AIDS Foundation of Western MA
- Amelia Park Children's Museum
- Amherst Baystate Bike Breakfast
- Amherst Cinema
- Friends of Amherst Recreation
- Amherst Regional Schools
- American Cancer Society, New England Chapter
- Association for Community Living
- Center Pepin School
- The Chad Foundation for Athletes and Artists
- CISA - Community Involved in Sustain Agriculture
- Clarke School for the Deaf
- The Common School
- Community Action of the Franklin, Hampshire, North Quabbin Regions
- Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA)
- Craigs Doors
- The Farm Museum
- The Center for Human Development (Family Outreach of Amherst)
- The Food Bank of Western MA
- Franklin County Community Meals Program
- Friends of Children
- Gabriel Abbot Memorial School
- Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA
- Grace's House
- Friends of the Goodwin Memorial Library
- Friends of the Granby Free Public Library
- Hadley Volunteer Firemen's Association
- Sweet Adelines International, Heart of the Valley Chorus
- Hilltown Cooperative Charter Public Schools
- Hilltown Families Family Community
- Ice Stars for Wounded Warriors
- Institute for the Musical Arts
- Jewish Community Center of Amherst
- JFK Middle School After School Program
- Kestrel Land Trust
- Lake Wyola Association
- The LGBT Coalition of Western MA
- The Mass Federation of Farmers' and Gardeners' Markets
- Mount Grace Land Conservatino Trust
- Multi-Arts, Inc
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Northampton Montessori School
- Palmer-Monson Educational Cooperative
- Petersham Montessori School
- Pioneer Valley Regional Ventures
- Pioneer Valley Waldorf Association
- Robert K Finn Ryan Road School
- Seeds of Solidarity
- Solarfest, Inc
- South Hadley Family Center
- Springfield Girls Club Family Center
- Springfield Library and Museums Association
- United Arc of Franklin and Hampshire Counties
- Valley Community Development Corp.
- Western MA Climbers Coalition
- Western Massachusetts Sacred Harp Community
- Westhills Home Health Care
- WGBH Educational Foundation/WGBY
- Whole Children
- Women's Fund of Western MA
- Yestermorrow, Inc
There are other ways that our store works with non-profit agencies in the area. We participate regularly with community organizations and in-store by offering our customers coupons at checkout enabling them to support selected nonprofits. You’ll often find Team Members from the Hadley store sampling food or volunteering at community and fundraising events, too! And although many of our store-supported activities don’t require us to be there, you’ve probably snacked on our donations or purchased them to support the programs you’ve attended.
5% Community Giving Days
5% Community Giving Days are another meaningful way we give back to our community. Four times throughout the year a total of 5% of a day’s net sales are donated to local non-profit organizations. Customers help support our selected organizations just by shopping on these 5% Days!
Whole Foods Market is dedicated to helping non-profit organizations (501c3) in our local community that have grand intentions along with small budgets. Our giving program supports volunteer-staffed organizations that address community issues such as hunger, poverty, organic & sustainable agriculture, animal welfare issues, environmental concerns and health & human services, among others. Political organizations are not eligible for donations.
A 5% Day is one way that Whole Foods Market is able to provide financial support to such organizations. Four times during the year, we donate 5% of one day’s net store sales to a selected non-profit organization. We work closely with the benefiting organization to promote the event—using their promotional resources as well as our own; for example, newsletters, public service campaigns, direct mailings, etc, to make the day as successful as possible.
- Non-profit organizations are invited to apply for 5% Day once in a 12-month period.
- An organization that has not benefited previously will have priority over those who have.
To be eligible, an organization must:
- Be designated with 501(c)(3) status, proven by proper IRS documentation submitted with completed application
- Submit a completed application. All information must be turned in at the same time. Organizations will not be contacted for missing information. Please note that a completed application is not an agreement to honor your request. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request.
- Be located within close proximity to the store.
- Provide direct services and programs designed to improve the environment and quality of life for members in the local community.
If your organization is interested in applying for a 5% Community Giving Day, please email the Community Relations contact below.
Community Relations Contact
(413) 586-9932, extension 104