Please scroll down to access our donation application forms.
Whole Foods Market Metcalf, is an active participant in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships that we continue to make each month! We strive to make a difference. Since opening our doors 11 years ago at this location in Overland Park, KS we have helped to raise several hundred thousand dollars for the local community thanks to the generosity of our shoppers, friends and team members.
3rd Annual Kitchen Equipment Drive- Thank you!
Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to donate more than 9 carts full of kitchen equipment from this store location to help local young adults leaving the foster care system to live independently. These kitchen items help them to stock their new apartments and dorm rooms in ways that allow them to cook for themselves, which can lead to a lifetime of eating habits. What a wonderful way to share love and the joy of cooking with our local community! Shoppers & Team Members- YOU make a difference! Thank you!
Thanks for Supporting the Whole Planet Foundation!
Thank you for helping to alleviate poverty worldwide by supporting the Whole Planet Foundation which provides micro-credit lending to those in need where we source products. The loans are given without a contract and without collateral, even so more than 95% of the loans given are repaid in full, and then that money is loaned again and again to help lift more lives out of poverty. During this year's annual fundraising campaign from February 20th to March 31st $5,949,531 was raised to help provide a hand-up! At our 91st and Metcalf location you helped to raise $11,354.91 toward this cause. Thank you, thank you! To learn more visit wholeplanetfoundation.org.
Bag Credit Donations for Schools
You get a 10 cent bag refund for each bag you reuse. Keep the refund, or donate it. Ray Marsh Elementary School in Shawnee Mission, KS just received a check for more than $2,900 from Whole Foods Market on 91st and Metcalf thanks to your contributions. The current bag credit donation recipient is the Shawnee Mission Education Foundation, which will be using the funds to help support the school district's new food pantry to help serve. (More than 1 in 3 students is in need of nutritional assistance in this district.)
The upcoming Bag Credit Donation Recipient is Tomahawk Elementary School from April 15th through July 7th, 2013. Please check out their artworks soon to be displayed in the store on your next visit. Thank you for helping to make a difference one dime at a time!
Our CommUnity Giving 5% Days are one meaningful way we give back to our community. On designated days throughout the year a total of 5% of the day’s net sales are donated to local non-profit organizations. Customers help support our selected organizations simply by shopping on these 5% Days.
Whole Foods Market’s Community Giving Day is a giving program dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations in the store’s own communities that have limited budgets but big goals.
Thank you for helping us to raise more than $4,300 for the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs, Kansas this March!
Our next Community Giving Day is to be announced. Stay tuned!
Donations Request Forms
Each Whole Foods Market store has a monthly budget designated for the donation of food or funds to local not-for-profit organizations. A Donation Request Form is required. Links to the forms are provided below. Requests must be received 6 weeks prior to the date of the event and submitted in person at Customer Service. If you have missed the deadline, please consider us for your organizations future donations. While we would like to follow-up with all donation requests, due to the high volume of requests received, only those receiving a donation will be notified.
We participated with the following organizations and several more through partnership, sponsorship or donation, reaching into the Kansas City Metro Area and beyond. Thank you for allowing us to serve you!
- ALS Association/Pro-Am Golf Tournament
- American Heart Association/Festival of Wine
- American Institute of Food and Wine
- American Red Cross
- American Royal
- Animal Haven
- Ask A Nurse
- Beat the Heat 5K Run
- Beth Torah Community Service Project
- Bike to Work Week
- Blessing Baskets
- Blue River Shelter
- Bridging the Gap
- Broadmoor Technical Center
- Brookside Community Farmers Market
- Brush Fire BBQ Team
- Catherine’s Place
- Chameleon: Arts and Youth Development
- Check Out Hunger Campaign
- Children’s Mercy Hospital/Phit Kids
- Community Blood Center
- Communiversity Wholistic Health Fair
- CranksGiving II
- Cross-Lines Community Outreach
- Danny Cox Family Benefit Concert
- De La Salle Education Center
- De LaSalle Center
- Doula Services of Greater KC
- Empty Bowls/Red Star Studios
- Episcopal Community Services
- Farm Aid 2011
- Forks and Corks
- Front Porch Alliance
- GEHA (Government Employees Health Assurance) newsletter
- Gift of Life (Organ Donation)
- Girl Scouts of America
- Good Samaritan Project
- Growing Growers Kansas City
- Guadalupe Center
- Habitat for Humanity
- Harvesters/Check Out Hunger Program
- Heartland Learning Center
- Heart to Heart International
- Holy Cross School and Parish
- Hope House
- Horizons High School
- Jane Goodall Institute
- Jared Coones Pumpkin Run supporting Cancer Research
- Johnson County Extension Education Foundation
- Johnson County Parks and Recreation
- Jingle Bell Run for the Arthritis Foundation
- Kansas City Bicycle Federation
- Kansas City Center for Urban Agriculture
- Kansas City Chefs Association
- Kansas City Community Kitchens
- Kansas City Free Health Clinic/ The Bloom Party
- Kansas City Public Television
- Kansas City Urban Farm Tour
- KC Singles
- KCPT Kids/Children’s Programming
- KCPT Public Television
- KCPTV Auction
- Kline Grass Festival
- La Leche League – Kansas City Chapter
- Les Belles Chefs/Heirloom Recipes Reinvented
- Les Dames Esscoffier
- Life Dynamics
- New Adventure’s in B’s Life
- Niles Home
- Novalis Orphan Care Project/Unity on the Plaza
- NPR National Public Radio
- Panchachuli USA / The Woman Weavers of the Himalayas
- Phoenix Family Housing
- Pleasant Ridge School
- Safe Home
- Saint Luke’s Hospital
- S.A.S.S.Y. (Saving Animals by Supportive Seniors and others Young-at-Heart).
- Spofford Home for Children
- Shape Express Fitness Center for Woman
- Shawnee Mission Education Foundation
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center
- Shawnee Mission School District Summer 2004 Food Camp
- Shawnee Mission Special Education Teachers Conference
- Sierra Club
- Slow Food USA
- Sprint Campus 2007 BBQ Competition
- Speaking of Women’s Health Event 2011
- The Blessing Basket Project
- The Center for Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- The Giving Tree
- The Kansas City Community Kitchen
- The Midwest Center for Holocaust Education, Inc.
- The Pet Connection
- Think Pink
- TLC for Children and Families
- Turning Point Foundation
- UN World Food Program
- United States Postal Service Health Fair
- Victory Temple Christian Life Center
- Vitamin Angels
- Westin Crown Center Health Fair
- Whole Kids Foundation
- Whole Planet Foundation
- Whole Planet Foundation Guatemalan Book Drive
- William – Sonoma on the Plaza
- World of Goods
- Your Wellness Connection
As part of our community giving, our store offers many free public and private tours. Please view our Store Tour web page for further information, or call our store at (913) 652-9633.
back to top