At Whole Foods Market Wellington, we are active participants in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships that we continue to make each month!
Donation Requests are accepted online and at our customer service desk. Your application must be submitted to the store at least 6 weeks prior to when you would accept the donation. As part of the process it is mandatory to upload a copy of your group's 501(c)3 letter from the IRS/US Treasury or attach to your request form when you drop it off at the customer service desk.
Simply email Tara.Murray@WholeFoods.com to request a Donation Request Packet.
There are other ways that our store works with non-profit agencies in the area. We participate regularly with community organizations and schools. If you would like a team member to come to your community or school event, please email Tara.Murray@Wholefoods.com.
5% Community Giving Days:
These special days are another meaningful way we give back to our community. Four times throughout the year a total of 5% of a day's net sales are donated to local non-profit organizations. Customers help support our selected organizations just by shopping on these 5% Days! We are dedicated to helping local non-profit organizations 501(c)3 in our local community that have grand intentions along with small budgets. Our giving program supports organizations that address community issues such as hunger, poverty, organic & sustainable agriculture, animal welfare issues, environmental concerns and health. Political organizations are not eligible for donations.
- Non-profit organizations are invited to apply for a 5% Day once in a 12 month period.
- To be eligible, an organization must be designated with 501 (c)3 status, proven by proper IRS documentation submitted with completed application
- All information must be turned in at the same time with the application. Please note that a completed application is not an agreement to honor your request. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request. We will contact the selected organizations once a decesion has been made.
- Organizations must be in close proximity to the store in which it applies for the 5% Day to be considered.
- Completed applications should be dropped off at the customer service desk or emailed to Tara.Murray@Wholefoods.com
Donate Your Dime:
Whole Foods Market gives 10 cents per bag to customers who re-use their own shopping bags for their purchased groceries. This program reduces our impact on the environment and now supports local non-profit groups. Customers will have the choice to accept their cash refund, donate the cash back to the store’s chosen non-profit organization or to the Whole Planet Foundation.
About the Application Process
Organizations must be a designated 501(c)3 non-profit organization to be considered for this program. Organizations will be selected for a three month period (approximately 1 full Quarter) and will be notified at least six weeks prior to the start of their awarded month. Organizations can only participate once every 12 months. Recipient organizations are expected to promote the event through their website, e-mail blasts and additional promotional vehicles as appropriate.
Email Tara.Murray@wholefoods.com to request an application.