Whole Foods Market believe in supporting the community we serve. Each of our stores has the power to make decisions at a local level about how best to serve our customers and community.
Jade Hoai, our Store Team Leader (Store Manager) commented on the community outreach programme: “We can’t wait to serve our new local Fulham community and bring our open new store. Putting our local shoppers at the heart of what we do is what sets Whole Foods Market apart and part of that is our commitment to working with local causes and charities which can most benefit from our resources be that of time, charitable donations or by making use of our facilities such as the ‘Community Room’ set aside at the store for meetings”.
There are different ways which the Fulham Store can help and support the community:
1. Community 5% days - we have 4 designated days throughout the year in which we donated 5% of the day’s net sales to local non-profit organisations
On our opening day (Thursday 10th April) we are proud to be supporting the Mayor’s nominated charities by donating 5 per cent of net profit made on the day:
- Albert and Friends - http://albertandfriendsinstantcircus.co.uk/ - Local charity in Fulham that exists to develop the creative potential of young people, irrespective of their socio-economic environment or physical ability through practical engagement with circus and theatre arts
- Daisy Trust - http://www.daisytrust.org/ - a small charitable trust founded in 1981 in Daisy Lane, Fulham, London, SW6. It is entirely run by volunteers who organise fund-raising events and then devote the funds back into the local charities and good causes within Hammersmith and Fulham
- The Opportunity Fund in Fulham – which provide grants for community projects http://www.londoncf.org.uk/giving/the-opportunity-fund.aspx
- Walking With The Wounded - http://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/ - a UK based charity which funds both the re-training and re-education of wounded servicemen and women with the aim of helping them find long term employment after they have left the Armed Forces
2. Food Banks – We produce amazing food on a daily basis, unfortunately at times some becomes surplus. We donate this food to our local food bank which then uses it to help those most in need.
3. We are happy to donate prizes and gifts for worthy fundraisers that will benefit our local community.
Please reach out to us if you would like to know more about our community program.
Download theDonation application form Fulham.doc and Donation Guidelines Fulham.pdf
For more information you can contact us writing at Fulham@wholefoods.com