With an ever-increasing amount of diseases and ailments being linked to diet, there has never been a better time to choose one’s food with wellness in mind. However, with such an abundance of information available about what to eat, what not to eat, how much to eat, and the healthiest way to prepare it, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Let our Healthy Eating Specialist be your guide! Karen can help you navigate the store, and find the foods that best fit your needs and budget. Our Health Starts Here kiosk, located between the Produce and Seafood departments, is also an educational resource for many of your questions about food and wellness.
- Get your Healthy Eating questions answered.
- Take a Healthy Eating Tour of the store, and find out about shopping for HEALTH and VALUE.
- Attend our classes to learn how to create a healthy menu plan and discover new recipes that fit your life, needs and budget.
- Sample seasonal recipes and our house-made Health Starts Here offerings.
- Browse our collection of books, DVDs, and literature about Healthy Eating.
- Use our LifeClinic health station to test your blood pressure and body mass index.
- Learn how to decipher nutritional labels.
- Learn about ANDI scores and discover how to choose and use the most nutrient rich foods.
- Find out about our upcoming classes, events, and healthy eating “challenges”.
MEET YOUR HEALTHY EATING EDUCATION TEAM:
Karen Formanski, Healthy Eating Specialist
After spending many years as a dedicated Whole Foods Market shopper, Karen joined the company in 2007, and helped launch the Health Starts Here program at the Lincoln Park store in 2010. She is a graduate of the Professional Chef’s Training Program at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts in New York City. Upon completing this program, she returned to Chicago with an understanding of the fundamentals of human nutrition, the connection between food and wellness, and practical cooking techniques for making delicious, health supportive cuisine. Karen has also completed the Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition through the T. Colin Campbell Foundation at eCornell University. She loves to help customers navigate the store in their search for the healthiest choices, and to answer their questions about special diets, meal planning, and what the heck to do with all those veggies they know they should be eating more of.
Karen offers Health Starts Here tours for individuals and groups by appointment. For more information, contact her via email at email@example.com.
Intro to Health Starts Here Tour
By Appointment Only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. Free!
Do you have a special diet concern, or just want some help making healthier choices in our store? Make an appointment with our Healthy Eating Specialist, Karen, and learn more about Health Starts Here, our healthy eating education program. Healthy samples provided. By appointment only.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT Healthy Eating Specialist Karen at email@example.com