With an ever-increasing amount of diseases and ailments being linked to diet, there has never been a better time to choose one’s food with wellness in mind.
However, with such an abundance of information available about what to eat, what not to eat, how much to eat, and the healthiest way to prepare it, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Let our new Healthy Eating Specialist at Whole Foods Market be your guide! She can help you navigate the store, and find the foods that best fit your needs and budget. Our Healthy Eating Desk is also an educational resource for many of your questions about food and wellness. Stop by, look for Laurie, and learn more!
- Get your Healthy Eating questions answered
- Find out about shopping for HEALTH and VALUE
- Learn how to create a healthy menu plan while on a budget
- Find out what’s in season and what’s fresh NOW!
- Discover new sources for recipes that fit your life, needs and budget
- Take a Healthy Eating Tour of the store
- Browse our collection of books and literature about Healthy Eating
- Look for Nutrient Rich foods throughout the store (Ask our Healthy Eating Specialist how!)
- Learn how to decipher and read nutritional labels
- Discover how to choose and use the most nutrient rich foods
- Find out about upcoming classes and educational talks
- Get help menu planning, creating recipes or even just finding the foods you are looking for in the store
With over a decade of experience in natural foods, Laurie Atchison is a passionate advocate of healthy eating and very familiar with natural food products. Her love of food also extends to the kitchen, and she has much experience cooking and baking for special diets and needs. Not only does Laurie love to discuss food, wellness, and diet, but she is happy to be an educational resource for our guests.Healthy Eating tours are conducted every Tuesday at 2 PM.
Stop by our Healthy Eating Services desk by Floral, or to receive more information, please contact:
Healthy Eating Specialist