Located on the Mezzanine Level of Whole Foods Market Lincoln Park • 1550 N. Kingsbury St., Chicago, IL 60642 • 312-587-0648
Our Whole Foods Market Lincoln Park Cooking Classroom is on a mission to bring back and elevate home cooking in Chicago! We believe in teaching cooking classes for all skill levels; helping you make real food with ease, confidence, and passion. Our talented team of Cooking Specialists and Guest Chef’s offer weekly hands-on cooking classes for adults and children of all cooking comfort levels.
UPCOMING CLASSES • REGISTRATION • PRIVATE CLASSES & PARTIES
Each month we offer a variety of demonstrations and hands-on cooking, bartending and kids classes. Check back often for our most recent calendar and available classes.
Rooftop Grilling - Spanish Tapas on the Grill
Wednesday, July 26 | 7pm - 9:30pm | $40 per person
Move your party outdoors to enjoy the summertime grilling weather we long for. Join Lorna, our Cooking at Home Specialist and mixologist, as she shows you how to bring a taste of Spain to your backyard. You will be making grilled Spanish Mussels, Bacon Wrapped Dates, Grilled Fruit with Orange Custard and Marcona Almonds and easy sangria. Gazpacho soup will be waiting for you, so come join in on the fun!
Rooftop Grilling - Steakhouse Classics & Perfect Martinis
Thursday, August 24 | 7pm - 9:30pm | $40 per person
Let’s pay homage to Don, Peggy, Joan and Betty in this hands-on class featuring a pairing that will last forever: Steak and Martinis. Join Lorna, our Cooking at-Home Specialist and Mixologist, and learn how to create the perfect sear and temperature on a grill, stuff your own olives and learn the proper techniques for classic vodka or gin martinis. Master delicious grilled sides and a modern Caesar salad. See you on the rooftop!
Smoothie Master Class with Amanda Skrip
Thursday, July 20 | 6:30pm - 8pm | $30 per person
Start blending your way to better health! Smoothies are a tried and true way to add nutrient density to our diets – but sometimes they just might seem like a big hassle. Maybe your homemade versions are never as good as the $10 version at the juice shop – or your morning drink always leaves you starving before lunch. We’ll cover the basics on how to create delicious, balanced – and truly nutritious smoothies that will have your blender working overtime. Recipes will all be vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened.
In this class we’ll cover:
- how to make delicious green, fruit, protein + sweet smoothies
- the best formula to create delicious smoothies – every time
- which supplements to skip – and which are actually worth the splurge
- key components for filling, properly balanced for smoothie meals + snacks
Salad Master Class with Amanda Skrip
Wednesday, August 23 | 6:30pm - 8pm | $30 per person
Salads don’t have to be an afterthought – make them the star of your meal! Learn to create visually beautiful + delicious, and healthful salad dishes. We’ll make a mix of green, vegetable and grain salads in addition to several dressings. Class will be plant-based and gluten free.
In this class we’ll:
- make marinated, grain, and green salads
- create a variety of salad dressing – and learn the perfect ratio
- blend textures, flavors, and colors to create beautiful + delicious salads
- learn components to create well balanced meals
RED STAR BARTENDING CLASSES
Farmer's Market Cocktails
Thursday, August 31 | 7pm - 9pm | $35 per person
Bring high end restaurant technique to your home and entertain to impress! Join Lorna, our Cooking At-Home Specialist and mixologist, as she teaches you how to make West-Coast Inspired cocktails featuring in-season produce and fresh juices. Sample through infused spirits and three different market-fresh cocktails, and leave mastering one of your own variations. Class takes place in our Red Star Bar and snacks will be provided.
KIDS COOKING CLASSES
No School Cooking Camp
July - August | 11am - 3pm | $40 per person per date
Join us for weekly summer cooking excursions while school is out! All summer long our campers will shop for ingredients, follow recipes, eat their creations and learn the crucial kitchen skill - clean as you go. Each camp occurs on a single day and lasts four hours long, covering a variety of recipes. Please register for each date individually. All campers must provide a completed waiver at their first class.
- Friday, July 21 | Brunch for Lunch | Ages 8 - 13 (Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Crust-Less Mini Cheddar Quiche, Banana Crepes)
- Monday, July 24 | Baking Bootcamp | Ages 6 - 9 (Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting, Banana Bread, Snickerdoodle Cookies, Cheese Quesadillas)
- Tuesday, July 25 | The Color Yellow | Ages 6 - 9 (Macaroni & Cheese, Scrambled Eggs, Corn on the Cob, Sugar Cookies, Lemonade)
- Monday, July 31 | Baking Bootcamp | Ages 8 - 13 (Chicken Pot Pie, Mixed Berry Pie, Iced Tea)
- Tuesday, August 1 | Ethnic Cuisine - Italian | Ages 8 - 13 (Gnocci, Marinara Sauce, Antipasto Salad, Garlic Bread, Pesto, Cannoli)
- Thursday, August 3 | Healthy is Delicious | Ages 8 - 13 (Avocado Toast, Energy Balls, Breaded Tofu Sticks, Sweet Potato Couscous, Chocolate Dipped Apples with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds)
- Friday, August 4 | Brunch for Lunch | Ages 8 - 13 (Breakfast Casserole, Stuffed French Toast, Fruit Salad with Granola, Raspberry Spritzer)
- Monday, August 7 | Foods That Start With The Letter P | Ages 6 - 9 (Pizza, Pasta Salad, Pumpkin Muffins, Poached Pears with Vanilla Ice Cream)
- Tuesday, August 8 | Green Foods | Ages 6 - 9 (Guacamole with Cheese Quesadillas, Asparagus Wrapped in Croissant, Green Supreme Smoothie, Pesto Pasta)
- Monday, August 14 | Baking Bootcamp | Ages 8 - 13 (Baked Potato Bar, Thumbprint Cookies, Fruit Pizza Cookie, Lava Cake)
- Tuesday, August 15 | Ethnic Cuisine - Chinese | Ages 8 - 13 (Vegetable Lo Mein, Egg Rolls, Beef & Broccoli, Fortune Cookies, Chinese Five Spice Tea)
- Thursday, August 17 | Healthy is Delicious | Ages 8 - 13 (Handmade Veggie Dogs, Corn Salad, Sweet Potato Chips, Chocolate Cupcakes with Avocado Chocolate Frosting)
- Friday, August 18 | Brunch for Lunch | Ages 8 - 13 (Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, Blueberry Banana Smoothie, Iron Skillet Hash Browns, Cinnamon Rolls)
Call 312.587.0648 and speak to a customer service team member to register or visit the Customer Service Desk next to the bar at Whole Foods Market Lincoln Park.
Full payment in advance is required to reserve your spot.
*We require 48 hours notice of cancellation to refund your money.
Children's birthday parties, private hands-on cooking classes and private event rental of our kitchen space is also available. Our space provides a perfect, convenient location for team builds, birthday parties, wedding & baby showers, holiday parties and more!
Private Classes & Events
Whether you are looking to learn new skills with your closest friends, show appreciation through a work team build or eat, drink and socialize the night away, our private cooking class and event options have a little something for everyone. To book your next event, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Skills Cooking Class Options
Hands-On/Demonstration Cooking Class Options
Bartending Class Options
Children's Birthday Parties
Check out our Birthday Party brochure for information regarding party themes and prices.
Children's Birthday Party Options
Boy/Girl Scout Troop Cooking Badges
The Lincoln Park Cooking School is the perfect space for your next troop outing or we can work with you to help your troop earn their merit cooking badge. To find out more about our cooking badge class options, please reach out to email@example.com.