Ice Skating on the Plaza
A must-do for locals and visitors alike, Ice Skating on the Plaza at our Flagship store (located in Downtown) has become one of Austin’s most anticipated events of the holiday season! The ice rink is open daily from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. beginning Friday, Nov. 24 through Monday, Jan. 15, 2018.* Cost is $10 per person and includes skate rental.
Every Friday throughout the ice rink season, the skating soundtrack is curated by KUTX for the KUTX Music Fridays series - don't miss out!
Share your holiday fun at Ice Skating on the Plaza with us using #skateatthemarket.
December Ice Rink Closures:
- Tuesday, Dec. 5th: The ice rink is closed from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 11th: The ice rink is closed from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 13th: The ice rink is closed from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 14th: The ice rink is closed from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve): The ice rink will close at 6 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 25 (Christmas): The ice rink is CLOSED.
- Sunday, Dec. 31 (New Year's Eve): The ice rink will close at 7 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 1, 2017 (New Year's Day): The ice rink will close at 7 p.m.
*Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are always open to the public, but please contact the Lamar Guest Services team at (512) 476-1206 for updated information on public skate hours during weekdays, as we do offer private party reservations for large groups during the ice rink season for a fee. Please check in with us often for the most up-to-date information.
Special thank you to our 2017-2018 Ice Skating on the Plaza Sponsors!